The new Sky Valley Country Club course has a golf learning center which includes a practice range and a large putting green. Instruction is available from either of our PGA Professional Staff. Sky Valley Country Club welcomes golf groups and outings with a full range of services from lodging to food and beverage.
- Par – 36-36-72
- Elevation – 3500 feet
- Course Architect – Bill Watts
- Redesign by Bill Bergin in 2007
- Play – Semi-Private, open for members, guests and the general public
- Facility Hours – Daily April- October, Daily, weather permitting November-March
- Grass – Bent grass from tee to green
- Course Record – 61 by James Mason, Sky Valley resident, Member of Senior PGA Tour, and Golf Instructor.
- Practice Facility – Complete practice facility with driving range, target greens, grass and all weather tees, and a putting and chipping green.
Sapphire National Golf Club
A semi-private, 18-hole course located in Sapphire Valley features 6,147 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 70. Sapphire National was designed by Ron Garl and opened in 1982.
Each of the 18 holes on this NC mountain golf course is a new scenic experience. Lined by towering pines, hemlocks and mountain laurel and surrounded by mountain peaks, all tees, fairways and greens are as beautiful as they are challenging.
Designed by the late, eminent golf course architect, George W. Cobb, ASGCA, this North Carolina golf course features bent grass greens and plays at 6,012 yards from the back tees. The par 3, 137-yard famed 8th “island? hole – upon which Golf Digest bestowed the title “One of America’s Great Golf Holes” – is rivaled by 17 others, each one equally beautiful and equally challenging.
In addition to the course, there are two putting greens and an excellent practice range at this Blue Ridge Mountain golf resort in Cashiers. The tee area of the practice range is covered for protection from occasional rains.
The High Hampton Golf Club is open to guests and residents looking for golf vacations in North Carolina.